Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ironman 2009?

I never ever imagined I would do a triathlon let alone a Half Ironman.
If you told me even five years ago that I would not only complete a Half but sign up for ANOTHER one the next year I would have told you that you are insane.

Imagine my surprise then when thoughts of an actual IRONMAN started creeping into my brain. You can't be serious! Still, I can't help but think of the possibility.

The signs pointing to yes are starting to align:
  • In 2009 I will be turning 30. What better way to mark that milestone than with a crazy endurance event?
  • After years of Lake Placid and the NJ state triathlon taking place the same weekend next year they are a week apart. I won't have to worry about trying to be in two places at once (you can basically only sign up for Placid on site the year before).
  • I have done a Half so why not a whole?
Obviously this is still just a seed in my head. Nothing has been finalized yet. We'll see how this training/racing season goes and then make a decision! Anyone else feeling slightly insane?

No comments: