Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Fresh Start

Hello!

So, I am trying something new here. Since my life has completely turned around in the past year or so I figured it was time to start from scratch with a new writing and documentation experiment.
Thanks so much to those of you who cared enough to read my former musings. If you never cared enough to read before or never even had the chance, welcome now!

Today was a big day.
not BIG in a college graduation-wedding-birth of your children way.
A totally different way all together.
Today I finished my six-month, 500-hour course in personal training. With a final exam, a quick stroke of a pen and a signing off on hours, I am a Certified Personal Trainer/Nutritional Consultant.

Wow. Now what?

The past six months have given me a comfort zone of regular hours and tests and new material to learn. I had almost forgot how great it actually is to be a student! I have spent countless hours studying anatomy, exercise philosophy, nutrition and have finally arrived at a point where I tell you with confidence the insertion of the Sartorius muscle (Upper medial shaft of the tibia), or how to properly train for size, weight loss, or strength. Craziness!

There is still a lot to figure out.
Where am I going to work?
How much money will I be able to make?
Will I be good at it?
Will I be happy?

Only time will tell I guess. In the meantime I guess I should just bask in my newfound Certification and go to bed. Nothing will get resolved tonight!

1 comment:

Tyler said...

Congrats on the new title!!

That's awesome. You will figure everything out! Looking forward to your new home here.